Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:11:06 +0000

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 13:13 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have also built from master and compiled --without-portmidi.
> Everything works great but it also hangs on exit. I wonder if it is a
> threading issue. I don't know how threading works. I assume that each
> thread need to closed on exit. How can we tell that this is happening?

I just downloaded source =
'http://www.denemo.org/downloads/gub/libportmidi-0.218.tar.gz'

and see this in portmidi.c

static void prompt_and_exit(void)
{
    char line[STRING_MAX];
    printf("type ENTER...");
    fgets(line, STRING_MAX, stdin);
    /* this will clean up open ports: */
    exit(-1);
}

This will cause the hanging on exit, as it waits for stdin. If this did
nothing instead, all would be well I think.