Re: [Denemo-devel] 1.0.0~rc7-6.mingw test

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 1.0.0~rc7-6.mingw test
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:21:56 +0000

On Sun, 2013-01-27 at 15:00 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Still more experimentation - since the MIDI instrument selection from
> the soundfont is not working under windows (for unknown reasons) I tried
> removing the code from the mingw branch. (There was a chance that the
> foreign header file sffile.h was affecting the denemo code). I still get
> a misbehaving windows executable.
> I'll try the same code but not linking in portmidi, and see if that
> works on the three boxes I can test it on. If so, I think we should look
> more closely at what we have in that portmidi library.

Well I tried disabling portmidi, then portaudio, then I had a brainwave
and ran an ancient version of the program (0.8 series IIRC) and lo, it
too misbehaves in exactly the same way.
So something about the user account is causing it to misbehave along
with ancient versions of Denemo.
I deleted the lilypond font cache in the home directory and cleaned out
the multiple entries in the path... no difference.
This is truly bizarre. I have reverted all the debug versions that were
on the mingw branch and I will now test on some other xp boxes.