[Denemo-devel] A Good Idea

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] A Good Idea
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:58:50 +0000

It has just occurred to me that because LilyPond allows the insertion of
links into markup text we can create a sample music score, full of all
the features that can be created each one with a link that can run a
script to tell the user how to create that feature.
This means that the user can look over this sample pdf output, spot the
feature they want, click on it and get instructions on how to create it
(well, indeed, clicking on it could set the Return key to insert the
feature into a score).

Another, quite different use for links on the music would be for
educational purposes - you provide the student with a Denemo score which
responds when they click on the appropriate points - e.g. a score with
no barlines, they have to click where the barlines should come. Or,
simply a score which plays any note that you click on, or starts playing
from that point...

Lastly, we can use this feature to push the wysiwyg aspects further -
for example to move a title or change its font - we can't do this at the
moment, because LilyPond only has links built-in for certain music
elements - we can add links for non-musical things that the user may
wish to tweak.

Hmm, well that is more than one Good Idea :)