Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:46:32 +0000

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 13:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> So far we would need to force.tge font above the.note in the case of
> fermata, upbow and downbow.

Jeremiah,

I see you have moved the code on; I suggest you actually pass the
override needed so instead of

            (if override
-             (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag DENEMO_ALT_OVERRIDE)))))
+            (if (equal? override "alt")
+             (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag DENEMO_ALT_OVERRIDE))
+           (if (equal? override "above")
+              (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag DENEMO_OVERRIDE_ABOVE)))))

you do this

(if override
        (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag override))

then you call it via

(ToggleChordDirective "DownBow" LG-DownBow "\\downbow"
DENEMO_OVERRIDE_ABOVE)

etc

This will be neater.
(BTW That use of string comparison is (as RalfD pointed out) very
Tcl-ish. Again it is bad scheme style that I came up with when we
started on all this :( In scheme you would just past the symbol 'above
and test for that, but, as I say, I think it better to pass the override
itself.)