Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:59:03 +0000

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 13:35 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> By the way. I have the fonts displaying. I push a fix soon.

It's looking good :) Some points I noticed

      * Upbow and downbow: if you look at the LilyPond you see that they
        are always above and always the same way up. So these shouldn't
        have the override that makes the position stem sensitive ie
        delete (d-DirectivePut-chord-override tag DENEMO_ALT_OVERRIDE).
        I think we are missing an override to position above rather than
        below.
      * Harmonic: this needs a gy value to move it away from the note
        head.
      * All these scripts should share a common function call rather
        than repeating the same code. I guess this will be best in the
        top level (denemo.scm or denemo-modules) rather than in the
        init.scm, as the same thing will be needed for ornaments etc,
        (ie other menus).
      * The labels should tell the user that it is a toggle e.g. Accent
        (Off/On)

I haven't looked in detail at your code, but it seems to be working :)

I have pushed a fix for the orientation of the glyph when flipping from
stem up to stem down (at the moment it rotates rather than inverts).