Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:03:25 +0000

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 11:52 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Can you check that this branch still compiles for gtk3 please? There
> are
> only two issues with running the gtk3 branch version on gtk2 that I
> have
> found so far
>       * Initial Keysignature dialog broken
>       * Horizontal scroll bar jammed wide open
I have come across another bug - it is that old problem of widgets other
than the drawing area grabbing the keyboard focus. I think you
mistakenly set can_focus flag opposite to what it had been in a number
of places, and it has just bitten me (I used the tempo slider and it
grabbed the keyboard focus and now when even when I click the drawing
area it won't go back, while the TAB key is now moving the focus over
the playback widgets). The desired behavior is that the keystrokes
always have the same meaning (i.e. they are always sent to the drawing
area) except when a text entry box is put up. We don't quite achieve
this due to a problem with menus that have been torn off but that is the
goal.
If you check for where you replaced the GTK_CAN_FOCUS
(whatever-it-is-called) macro with a call gtk_set_can_focus(...,
TRUE/FALSE) make sure the sense is as in the original code, not
opposite.