Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GTK3 branch was Re: Playback "cursor", aka playhead
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:53:34 +0000

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 09:15 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I will fix the keysig thing tonight. I will take out the mode option. A user
> requested it several years ago but I dont think its necessary and it
> complicated the code. Eventually I would like to see all dialogs written in
> scheme rather than c. We could script it now without the use of any gtk
> widgets by having menu items for each key in subdirectories like key->set
> initial->d major.
There actually do exist commands for setting every key (see
generate_commands.c), these date from primordial times. I have long
thought they should be deleted but perhaps we could at last exploit
them. What I am thinking is that we assume everyone knows the
relationship between numbers of sharps/flats and key; this is not the
case. I suspect many would find it easier just to choose a number of
sharps/flats. So commands to sharpen and flatten the keysignature would
do (if the cursor was on a keysig change it would act on that, otherwise
it would act on the initial keysig).

> Then possibly a popup can ask if you want all staffs.
Leaving this out would save time for people - always set all staffs. For
those occasions when someone wants a different keysig in different
staffs they could use a specific, specialized command.
>  Then these keychanges can be recordable actions. What do you think?
Well, perhaps all this should await a nice way of controlling the gui
from scheme... Let's sort out gtk-3 first.

Richard