Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:02:37 +0100

On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 17:17 +0200, R. Mattes wrote:

> Just to mention it: I've started to write up a draft on hook based
> input handling - first and foremost to force myself into a formal
> process
> of design. I've also started on a first implementation - currently one
> that only runs the hook and then continues with your code
IIRC  I intended that the hook's return value should determine whether
to continue to the default hard-wired action. A propos the worry about
performance hit making a round trip to scheme, it occurs to me that the
decision whether or not to call a scheme handler could be controlled by
a flag (set by scheme) tested in the C code. (But I guess you assumed
that).