Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts

From: R. Mattes
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 22:55:03 +0200

On Sat, 07 May 2011 17:16:25 +0100, Richard Shann wrote
> I am exceedingly puzzled by this: my code does not have such a
> static -

No - this is my quick hack-up to show an alternative to generating and
then evaluating strings (remember: eval is evil :-)

>  it seems to be some version of the code developed by
> Jeremiah to fix memory leaks. But I don't know where it has come
> from, as I have just committed and so must be up-to-date. Where have
> you gotten this from?
> (as you say it is wrong, a regression on the release) Richard

No - I deliberately did put in the static to optimize method lookup.
Of course - if you feel the need to make Midi-shortcut::controller
changeable at runtime just leave out the static declaration.

 Cheers and sorry for the confusion

 RalfD

> On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 12:06 +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> > On Sat, 07 May 2011 11:58:16 +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> >

> > > gchar *get_midi_control_command(guchar type, guchar value) {
> > >     static SCM lookup_fun = scm_c_lookup("MIDI-shortcut::controller");
> > >     gchar  r_val = NULL;
> > >     SCM    res;
> > >
> > >     scm_dynwind_begin(0);
> > >     res = scm_call_2(lookup_fun, SCM_I_MAKINUM(type),
SCM_I_MAKINUM(value));
> > >     if(scm_is_string(res)) {
> > >         SCM2LSTRING(r_val, res);
> > >     }
> > >     scm_dynwind_end();
> > >     return r_val;
> > > }
> >
> > Just one more comment about this code: as a result the value of
MIDI-shortcut::controller