[Denemo-devel] [bug #31789] tool-tip info in .command file useless?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #31789] tool-tip info in .command file useless?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 19:10:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #31789 (project denemo):

I don't see the same behavior:
If I remove the <tooltip> field from ScoreComment then the command disappears
from the Score menu (this is because, sadly, the tooltip field is (ab)used as
the end-of-fields marker in the parsing, shocking I know, but true).
If I remove just the contents of the tooltip, the command returns but its
tooltip is the default no-tooltip one.
There is redundancy here, essentially because tooltips originate in commands
in the menu hierarchy and are only copied to the .commands file on saving the
command set. What happens in other circumstances (e.g. re-writing the original
command in the menu) is obscure - the original idea was that the tooltip
should be editable by the user too.
If possible the .commands file should be treated as an internal
datastructure, created by the save command set command.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31789>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/