[Denemo-devel] Re: Tablature

From: Ken Restivo
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Tablature
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:17:32 -0800

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:12:05PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Printing tablature is very easy from Denemo:
>
> http://denemo.org/index.php/Tablature
>
> I have put a command to go in the Staff menu on that page. This is
> highly minimal - to modify the string that a note should appear on you
> would need a command like the string number one but issuing \<number>
> instead of -<number>, again trivial. No savannah else I would push this
> to git.

Thanks! Manually running the script from the Scheme window works, thanks, I
have tab now!

But, trying to add the command does not work.

I put the TabStaff file from the wiki into
/usr/share/denemo/actions/menus/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu/TabStaff, but it's not
showing up in the Staff menu, even after saving commands and restarting.

I notice that the code on the wiki says "<after>TinyStaff</after>" but there is
no TinyStaff on my Denemo (git version from 2010-11-22).  There is a
SmallerStaff, though. Changing TinyStaff to SmallerStaff in the TabStaff file
still doesn't make it show up though.

So I tried loading the command file from the menu in the GUI, and it complained
that it "Could not load command set file", which I thought odd because it
wasn't a command set file, just a command.

So I tried manuallly patching Default.commands as in the git patch. That made
the TabStaff command shows up, in the menu, but, when i choose it, it complains
"Unable to load the script". That's odd too. Why is it unable to load it? It's
right there in /usr/share/denemo/actions/menus/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu/TabStaff

Anyway, so it kind of works, just requires me cut/pasting scheme into the
window. Looks like it saves the pasted code into the .denemo score file itself,
which is interesting. But it'd be nice if the menu worked.

-ken