[Denemo-devel] [bug #30412] Japanese translation for denemo 0.8.18

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30412] Japanese translation for denemo 0.8.18
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:04:46 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #30412 (project denemo):

When I first responded to this I was thinking about the poor state of the C
code, where many strings have been put in without understanding the
implications for internationalization. (Specifically the _() and _N() macros
in there, which I think I now do understand).
Mainly, I was hoping someone with a better understanding would take action.
Since that post I was thinking some more about this: my conclusion is that I
am obviously more paranoid than most people. I guess most maintainers simply
accept patches like this. But they cannot know that the translated text does
not in fact include malicious content (not, as you say, executable unless
there is a bug in the gettext software which can be exploited, but
nevertheless spamming users etc).
Thank you very much for persisting - I feel we must try and include your work
in the upcoming release.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30412>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/