[Denemo-devel] I need help to install Denemo

From: Ecron エクロン
Subject: [Denemo-devel] I need help to install Denemo
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:05:17 +0200

Hi, I'm Ecron, I recently installed Ubuntu on my computer, and I wanted to install de newest version of Denemo, but I have some troubles.

First of all, my lap-top is an amd64 architecture, and I think there is the problem.

When I try to configure Denemo using "./configure" it shows this message:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

checking for GTK2... yes
checking for GUILE... yes
checking for LIBAUBIO... yes
checking for PORTAUDIO... yes
checking for XML2... yes
checking for FFTW... yes
checking for GTKSOURCEVIEW... yes
checking for JACK... yes
checking for FLUIDSYNTH... configure: error: Package requirements (fluidsynth >= 1.0.8) were not met:

No package 'fluidsynth' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FLUIDSYNTH_CFLAGS
and FLUIDSYNTH_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

So I installed the FLUIDSYNTH package like this:

$ sudo apt-get install fluidsynth

It was installed properly, and I tried again "./configure", but it showed the same problem. This is what it's shown when I try to configure and install:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for GTK2... yes
checking for GUILE... yes
checking for LIBAUBIO... yes
checking for PORTAUDIO... yes
checking for XML2... yes
checking for FFTW... yes
checking for GTKSOURCEVIEW... yes
checking for JACK... yes
checking for FLUIDSYNTH... configure: error: Package requirements (fluidsynth >= 1.0.8) were not met:

No package 'fluidsynth' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FLUIDSYNTH_CFLAGS
and FLUIDSYNTH_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

address@hidden:~/denemo$ sudo apt-get install fluidsynth
[sudo] password for user:
S'està llegint la llista de paquets... Fet
S'està construint l'arbre de dependències
S'està llegint la informació de l'estat... Fet
fluidsynth ja es troba en la versió més recent.   /It means: fluidsynth is already in its updated version/
0 actualitzats, 0 nous a instal・lar, 0 a suprimir i 0 no actualitzats.
address@hidden:~/denemo$ _

So... What can I do?? I tried to set the variables FLUIDSYNTH_CFLAGS and FLUIDSYNTH_LIBS, but I don't know what path I have to link them to...

I would be very very pleased if you could help me. Thanks for reading.

Cheers!