[Denemo-devel] Keys and Modes - Summary of my thoughts

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Keys and Modes - Summary of my thoughts
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:07:11 +0200

Hi,

my scattered thoughts over the last months and a 5 hour session this night lead
to my new concept of Denemo steering which can be found here.

http://denemo.org/index.php/Keys_and_Modes

This is a system from scratch! Its purely build upon logic and consistency. The
style of the document is a "user-view", there is no talk about the technical
implementation and the document assumes many things that are not in the current
Denemo version or were ever thought of, so it describes a possible future
version already in a manual-style.

Please note also that further thoughts are missing on this page. Except of some
examples there is no talk about the actual implementation (aka "D means
Dynamic"). I have also some very good ideas that are not there, but could be a
real benefit.

Please let us talk about this in short snippets and in short mails or in IRC.
There is much to discuss because there are some fundamental changes and of
course there is always the language barrier (I think this time its ok because
its a translation of my original thoughts, not directly written in English).
To explain myself and avoid misunderstandings its better not to review
everything at once but get a grip of the system over examples and small scheme
prototypes that show the functionality.

Nils