Re: [Denemo-devel] Grace Notes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Grace Notes
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:45:57 +0000

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 21:19 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> I tested it and it just works. Great! Works with SingleAndSelectionSwitcher,
> too.
> I replaced the command and gave it the old shortcut, slash.
>
> What about the grace note with a strike? The "short" one?
\acciacatura could be done with an override to the LilyPond I think, and
some extra graphic. I suspect some development would be needed to get
everything looking nice (display, printout, midi). Later.

> Any ideas about Midi?
> Playback of grace-notes can be quite difficult to do, so it should be done in
> Scheme, so that users at least can tweak it.
yes, someone was thinking about it years ago and left fields "on/off
beat" in the Denemo grace note data structure, which, although never
set, let alone used, have been religiously written to and read from
every .denemo file ever since :)
No sign of \acciacatura though, and I would want the appogiatura in MIDI
to be following 18th "rules" anyway...
Internally there is scope in the data structure for grace to store the
type of grace, in the under-used field called is_grace. At the moment
this is carrying baggage for backward compatibility, but that could go
in a couple of releases time.

Richard