Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging Keybindings

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging Keybindings
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:21:44 +0000

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 11:56 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Denemos Modes currently differ only in
> keybindings, cursor color and switch some menus (I think)
No, Denemo's modes differ only in cursor color and switch of menus.
(Strange isn't it? :)
It is the existence of modal commands that creates the confusion. There
is a command that does insert a note, or edit a note or move the cursor
to a note. But that command always exists, in every mode and in "No
mode".
One of the good things about separating out keybindings is that we could
have a keybinding file for those who dislike modes. It would not set a
binding for such modal commands, just for the mode-independant commands.