Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging Keybindings

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Merging Keybindings
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:56:05 +0100

Very good. Can't wait to try it out.

I hope that I got it right that the final keymap which is present to
the user exists only in RAM and not in _one_ real file.
In other words: Its generated dynamically, right?

I think a good stack to start is

User
Mode
System
Basic

Each combination of keybindings could be triggered by a script which
would be the new "Mode" since Denemos Modes currently differ only in
keybindings, cursor color and switch some menus (I think)

However, I don't think <merge> should be critical. In fact I think
keymaps should just be keymaps and the command which loads them decides
if its a merge-command or a erase/load-command.

Keep the files and commands simple and let the scripts do the work.

Still I volunteer to do this work and write the scripts.

Nils