Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] (new subscriber) An?= y way to re

From: denemo
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] (new subscriber) An?= y way to record from MIDI device or import =?ISO-8859-1?Q? MIDI file??=
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:18:27 +0100 (CET)

> 1) write a utility that converts midi to musicxml. The advantage of
> this would be that more people may be I terested in helping. Then give
> denemo support for importing musicxml. This probably won't be very
> hard since the denemo format is xml.

 > Lilypond has a utilty written in python that converts midi to
> lilypond. This utility would be a great place to start because it does
> have a quantized built into it.

MusicXML and Lilypond Import is probably the best way to go. There must
be already a Midi->MusicXML converter out there. So building a
musicxml->denemo converter would indeed be the biggest benefit. It makes
converting from other programs much easier, too. The NoteworthyComposer
is our No1 Windows "competitor" and many people want to switch from it
to Denemo, but its not possible because they want to convert their old
scores.

Same is true for lilypond import, but mostly these files are already in
a good shape so there is no need to import.

Nils