[Denemo-devel] (new subscriber) Any way to record from MIDI device or im

From: Robert M. Riches Jr.
Subject: [Denemo-devel] (new subscriber) Any way to record from MIDI device or import MIDI file?
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:59:29 -0800

(A new subscriber here...)

The searching I have done about Denemo appears to show there is
no method in Denemo to record a whole song in real time from a
MIDI device or to import a MIDI file.

Is there some way for Denemo to record from a MIDI device or
import from a MIDI file?

Alternatively, are there any existing utilities that will convert
a MIDI file to a Denemo file?

I didn't see any documentation on the file format.  Going to the
xmlns URL in a test file (http://denemo.sourceforge.net/xmlns/Denemo)
yields a 404 error.  If I write my own conversion utility, will
Denemo tolerate newlines and other superfluous white space in the
XML?

(Background: My wife is the composer, and I'm the geek.  She needs
a notation editor that allows insertion and deletion of notes in
the middle of measures for early experimental composition while
trying to figure out the rhythm of a new piece.  She was using
NoteEdit, but the demise of KDE3 has made NoteEdit unavailable.
At this point, Denemo appears to be the best at an editor that
meets those needs.)

Thank you,

Robert