Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Moving without altering the selection

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Moving without altering the selection
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:42:31 +0000

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:53 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I just took the two commandsets from git, load as custom in Denemo,
> added the new commands and saved again.
Well, this has not worked for some reason. It would be good to
investigate what the Load Command Set and the More commands do - they
both load xml files; *AND* it would be good to investigate what the
difference is with xml commandsets that have <merge><\merge> blocks
rather than <command><\command> blocks (I think I have the second name
right here, but perhaps not).
Until this is sorted out, we have to work largely by hand :-(
Richard

> I think Commands and Modes could be the same system. A Mode could
> consist of non-redundant keymaps and additional switches then.
>
> This is nearly possible to script, whats missing:
> - A way to change cursor colors and other things that are different in
> modes
> - The possibility to load keymap-files on top of each other without
> loosing the old bindings, except its a double entry (then the newer
> one).
??? More???