Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] Moving without alte?= ring the se

From: denemo
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?] Moving without alte?= ring the selection
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:53:10 +0100 (CET)

I just took the two commandsets from git, load as custom in Denemo,
added the new commands and saved again.

I think Commands and Modes could be the same system. A Mode could
consist of non-redundant keymaps and additional switches then.

This is nearly possible to script, whats missing:
- A way to change cursor colors and other things that are different in
modes
- The possibility to load keymap-files on top of each other without
loosing the old bindings, except its a double entry (then the newer
one).

With the already existing load keymap command (which unloads everything
else) it would be very easy to build a modular keymap filesystem with
basic keymaps, mode keymaps and finally user keymaps (loaded in the last
place to overrule the others).

A different but related topic:
The problem of a huge amount of commands with several mod-keys still
exists.
Like the script I wrote: Using the keys 1-9 to add intervals as chord
notes, using three different modkeys to switch the behaviour (add from
top/bottom from highest/lowest note etc.)

After additional thoughts what would be best for the users and easy for
the scripters my best idea is:
Optional Modkeys.
If a script or xml-command-file demands optional modkeys you can add
them in slots in Denemos manage keybindings menu and use them in scheme
as boolean, but abstract variables. "mod1" "d-Comamandname_mod2" or
whatever.

This makes it possible to assign the keys freely, as user. It doesn't
hack real keys into scheme scrips and it avoids, most important point,
spamming the menu und command system with very similar scripts.

In case of my add-interval script, 9 different intervals with each 4
combinable switches: Instead of 216 individual commands you get only 9
here. (I hope this is the right math).

Nils

Am 26.01.2010 um  Uhr haben Sie geschrieben: