[Denemo-devel] [bug #28578] StemUp /down commands.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #28578] StemUp /down commands.
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:24:19 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #28578 (project denemo):

StemDown is a bizarre primitive from 1999, economising on the available
keystrokes - if the cursor is on a note it flattens, if it is on a
stem-directive object it starts the denemo display forcing stems down AND
issues some LilyPond at that point to the same effect.
We obviously want to hide this from the user. But without real work, we are
stuck with the special standalone object that starts stems down/up in the
display.
There has already been a discussion about this, quite recently. But I don't
think any good plan has been arrived at yet.
The possibilities for fixing it may improve once directives can trigger
behavior (scripts) dynamically.
Be aware that it is trivial to hide a built in like StemDown so it does not
show in the menu.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?28578>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/