Re: [Denemo-devel] menus, commands, and user ease of use. And other thin

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] menus, commands, and user ease of use. And other things....
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:46:52 +0000

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 16:36 +0300, alex stone wrote:
> as the pre-defined menus and commands, a "central" repository in the
> programme, where all commands are listed, outside of a menu structure.
The menu structure is entirely writable by the user, under
~/.denemo/actions/menus
The point of not having a central repository is to enable you to
navigate to commands. But the command DocumentCommand (or whatever it is
called) does access a central repository, namely the set of definitions
of the commands, which scheme holds.
It is this that I used to generate the table of all commands in the help
manual, q.v.
The same command could be used to create scripts to find commands with
high scores on keywords such as Clef, Upbeat, etc, so as to provide a
method of searching command names, tooltips, labels for likely commands
for a given purpose when the command set has become too large to explore
by navigation.