Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: alsa

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: alsa
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:16:02 -0500

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:58:06 +0100
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes this is good, I'll add back the comment
>                    //do not use gtk_main_quit, as there may be inner
> loops active. explaining why we use exit(0)
> That looks like a good clear-out, though I have only tested the non
> jack version so far.
> Is there still anything very obvious to do before we try for a 0.8.8?

I opened a bug report a while back about the init scripts. Maybe I am
doing something wrong here. Currently if a new user wants to play one
of the educational games they may think that they don't work at first.
They get this at the console:

Just got an error; tag is
        unbound-variable

The user has to close out of denemo and say "yes" to keep the command.
They may not because it did not work for them. If they restart denemo
and give it another go then it works fine. If they want to add another
educational game they have to do all of this all over again.

BTW... I created a script called
middle_c_offset->lily
If provided an integer middle_c_offset it returns the lilynote name.
This is can combined with d-CursorToNote and (d-Insert1). This gets rid
of the drifting cursor effect when a user accidentally clicks on the
mouse somewhere in the score (very common on my laptop with a touchpad
mouse). Now I am going to write a script to convert midi note numbers to
middle_c_offset and enshift depending on current key. The code
already exists in importmidi.c but I need to translate it to scheme. I
suppose I could just make the functional global and then add a SCM
wrapper for it to return the two numbers in a space seperated string.
Then I will need to create another to apply enshift (accidentals) and
wrap this up in something easy like midinotenum->lilynote. This will
allow me to place 60 (middle c) then 63 (+3 half steps higher) (d#/Eb
depending on keysig). I have also written a script that sounds the
note base off midi notenumber input.  That will be combined with the
above for doing ascending/descending interval training.