Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Jack

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo and Jack
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 20:56:59 +0100

I have been looking further at getting Jack working and have arrived at
this:

My sequence for getting both jack midi in and out is

start synthesizer (timidity -iA Os)
start qjackctl, start jack server (first icon in qjackctl window)
start denemo and
click Input -> MIDI Input
      * go to preferences and click start/restart jack client
      * in MIDI tab of qjackctl connnect panel
connect denemo-readable to one of the connections under system
      * connect system-midi_capture_n to denemo
      *
This assumes all JACK preferences are unticked
ie
start denemo Edit->preferences
      * Not Enable Jack Transport starts
      * Not Jack Transport starts stopped
      * Not Enable jack at startup
      * exit denemo
      *
With this configuration, everything I have tried (including portaudio
out) is working, though I think denemo crashes on exit.

This is obviously in need of some streamlining to be practical!

Richard