[Denemo-devel] [bug #26515] /dev/dsp stuck open, other sound not working

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #26515] /dev/dsp stuck open, other sound not working, after 'play back entered notes immediately'
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:55:12 +0000

Update of bug #26515 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Thank you very much for your posts on this. I am fairly sure no-one has
recently figured out the program in this area, there have been so many things
bolted on.
I put in the direct portaudio output quite recently - that would be the
init_audio_out() thing I think. IIRC I left it re-starting the entire thing on
every note, expecting this to be way too heavy, only to find it working, and
of course, never looking at it again. So I am slightly surprized that it fails
to fire off the first note...
Well, I am working elsewhere in the program at present, so I am glad things
are functional for you,
I'll set this to postponed, so that it will get read next time someone spends
time sorting out the interaction between the jack code, the csound code, the
/dev/sequencer code ...
thanks again
Richard Shann
BTW pulseaudio is the only thing you mentioned that left me wondering...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26515>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/