Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics on rests bug.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics on rests bug.
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:05:00 +0000

I fixed all this now. It turns out that LilyPond skips over rests when
reading lyrics, so Denemo was making a mistake emitting any sort of
lyric for a rest, including the _ meaning blank. I think the present set
up is the only one that makes sense & works as LilyPond does. *And* I
think you will be able to use it even putting all the lyrics on one note
(just use the first note not any rest that comes before - LilyPond will
ignore them).

Also I noticed that until this fix Denemo offered to enter lyrics on
anything, even RehearsalMarks! With the latest fix menu item is still
not grayed out (as with almost all other cases in Denemo), but that
might be harder to fix. But you don't get the pop-up now.

Richard