Re: [Denemo-devel] Interfacing multiple jackmidi ports

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Interfacing multiple jackmidi ports
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:04:49 +0000

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 22:00 +0200, alex stone wrote:
> A quick follow up to my suggestion 4.   If you were to do this, then
> you'd need the ability to set the mcha per note.
The implementation of this in Denemo would be (I guess) to attach a
DenemoDirective to each such note giving the MIDI information. Then the
keymap would be setup so that instead of simple insert-note commands
each note insert step would be insert-note-and-attach-directive.
(Depending on the number of different directives you were trying to
attach you would use different keymapping strategies - e.g. using
modifier keys (a, A, Shift-A, Control-A, Mod2-A, Alt-A ...) or the
two-keypress (emacs style) commands, or a dialog or ...).