Re: [Denemo-devel] [wish] on denemo beam behaviour

From: ben
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [wish] on denemo beam behaviour
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:24:49 +0100

Richard Shann a écrit :
> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 18:09 +0100, ben wrote:
>> hi list,
>> as discussed on the LAU list, odd time signature do not seem to have a
>> consistent beaming behavior. for example, 5/8 measures can be parsed as
>> groups of 2+3 or 3+2 eights.
>> These considerations apply for:
>> - 5/8: 2+3 or 3+2 beams
>> - 7/8: 2+2+3, 2+3+2, 3+2+2 beams, 4+3 or 3+4 beams
>> - 9/8: et caetera...
>> - ...
>> this would be smart for denemo to allow such beaming behavior.
> It does (in the print-out that is) see Notes->Beaming->Start/End Beam, I
> think I put these into the default command set, otherwise you get them
> from Right-click->More Commands on the notes menu...
> You could also set the pattern for all the measures (so that you do not
> have to apply those beam commands on each group), but you would need to
> dig through the LilyPond docs for that.
>
> Richard
yes, the idea is to setup denemo to have an automatic behavior on all
measure, id est, when you choose a (e.g.) 5/8 time signature, you can
also set the default behaviour for beams on every measure (e.g. 2+3/8).
Currently, Lilypond does not seem to have such a feature: one have to
set up the beaming behavior in each measure.
 - ben