Re: [Denemo-devel] [wish] on denemo beam behaviour

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [wish] on denemo beam behaviour
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:49:35 +0000

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 18:09 +0100, ben wrote:
> hi list,
> as discussed on the LAU list, odd time signature do not seem to have a
> consistent beaming behavior. for example, 5/8 measures can be parsed as
> groups of 2+3 or 3+2 eights.
> These considerations apply for:
> - 5/8: 2+3 or 3+2 beams
> - 7/8: 2+2+3, 2+3+2, 3+2+2 beams, 4+3 or 3+4 beams
> - 9/8: et caetera...
> - ...
> this would be smart for denemo to allow such beaming behavior.
It does (in the print-out that is) see Notes->Beaming->Start/End Beam, I
think I put these into the default command set, otherwise you get them
from Right-click->More Commands on the notes menu...
You could also set the pattern for all the measures (so that you do not
have to apply those beam commands on each group), but you would need to
dig through the LilyPond docs for that.

Richard