[Denemo-devel] Good News

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Good News
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:54:16 +0000

I had a bit of time to look at the display code. I can now control the
space around chords, so for example it will be possible to place guitar
fingerings adjacent to the note that they refer to. And repeat barlines,
and more.
As I mentioned to Nils on #denemo I am thinking of giving what are
currently LilyPond inserts/attaches a wider remit: many of them have
implications for the MIDI rendering, and so I think it would be good to
keep these together. This means that one of these more generalized
structures can control the display, the print-out and the MIDI
rendering.
At the moment, they hold some LilyPond to output and a display string
which gets printed below the chord. With 0.8.4 they will be able to
display a graphic (positioned relative to the chord/note, and claiming
space for it) and - MIDI output permitting - initiate MIDI change (such
as tempo, volume, others?).