Re: [Denemo-devel] draft of real-transposition script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] draft of real-transposition script
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:21:01 +0000

********* note this question!!! *******

> The debian packager would use dh_link to set up the links when
> packaging. I just read up on this. Also autotools will set the links
> when doing a make install with something like this in the Makefile.am
>
> install-data-hook:
> $(LN_S) $(DESTDIR)/actions/menus/MainMenu/EntryMenu/MIDI/CheckPitches
> $(DESTDIR)/actions/menus/MainMenu/Educational
>
> A line like this would be entered for each link and the debian
> packager
> would have to set all these links with dh_link.
>
> I can get started on this. I will modify Makefile.am and push this
Did you check that it will work for us? If you have the links in place
in /usr/local/share/denemo/actions/menus ... does the right-click notice
and offer to load the new menu item, and succeed, and put it in the menu
system where the link is, not where the orignal file is. (I expect it
all to be ok, are you proposing symbolic links?...)