Re: [Denemo-devel] Wishlist cleaned and Releasedate

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Wishlist cleaned and Releasedate
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:18:45 +0100

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 18:09 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> I cleaned the wishlist. Nothing is lost, I summarized and transfered any wish
> to about/planned features.
>
> Any plans on an release-date? Like the last time I will announce it here and
> there. It would be nice if you could write a few lines about whats new? My
> broken English is maybe a bit dubious for larger texts.
The plan is to release this weekend. I cannot see where the release
notes for 0.7.9 are. For this release I think the main developments are:

     1. A scripting interface to the Denemo commands has been created.
     2. Example script-based commands are provided with the Denemo
        installation.
     3. New scripts can be hand-written or "recorded" from a sequence of
        menu item clicks or by editing another script or a mixture of
        these.
     4. New commands (scripts) can be installed in the menu system,
        given keyboard shortcuts, and generally used as other commands
        are.
     5. The example scripts provided include a script showing the
        potential of Denemo for use in music education. In this example,
        random notes are generated and the user has to name the note.
     6. Other examples include scripts for commands useful when
        generating scores with percussion, guitar fingerings, orchestral
        markings etc.
     7. Various bugfixes and improvements to midi import have been made.