Re: [Denemo-devel] Problems with Denemo intallation 0.7.9

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problems with Denemo intallation 0.7.9
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:07:19 +0100

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 17:14 +0200, Fra Walter Vassallo OFM wrote:
> Thank for your replies,
>
> The problem with Acrobat was actually the Path. The directory of
> Acrobat changed and it does not require to be enclosed within " ".
There would be alternative pdf display programs for windows I guess
available as free software.

> With regards to the staff spaces I intend the final Lilypond output.
> Denemo does show the spacing in its display. From what I could figure
> out it concerns the Vertical output between staffs in Lilypond.
If you consult the LilyPond documentation (also
try  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/
for examples) there is stuff on changing the spacing of staffs. Tweaks
can go either at the start of the staff or in the prologs to the music,
namely after the introduction of the Staff context:
\new Staff

and/or after the introduction of the Voice context:

\new Voice

but at the moment these are not settable from any menu item.

However if you find a tweak that works, post it up, as it will be
possible to make it available.

> Regards the "connected staffs" the proposed solution altered the
> grouping of staffs. In my case the context of all staffs is NONE.
> There is no grouping in the output but a line connects all the staffs
> together. It is this line that I'd do without. Does Lilypond allow
> independent staffs?
I am sure it does, though I can't say I have noted the feature (not the
sort of thing I would be looking out for ...)