Re: [Denemo-devel] Initial Clef - Transposing: How do I ... / Why does D

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Initial Clef - Transposing: How do I ... / Why does Denemo...
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:58:45 +0100

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 12:49 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > 2) Instead, put a LilyPond directive (Other->Insert/Edit LilyPond)
> > \transpose c c, {
> > at the start of the first measure and
> > }
> > at the end of the last measure.
> This will work since you are telling LilyPond to transpose the notes
> as
> written.
> If it is the midi output that you want up an octave, then I guess
> there
> is no help -
Oh! I have an idea. You do the LilyPond fix above then add
\midi {
}
in the \score { }  block (you choose create custom score block in the
LilyPond window, on the scoreblock button)
and this (if I am remembering the syntax correctly) will create you
a midi file in .denemo when you do Print (the midi file is called
denemoprint.midi I think)
This should have the part transposed, since you told LilyPond what to
do...

In fact if you separate off just this one part, create the midi, and
then use Jeremiah's midi import, maybe you can get it back into Denemo
transposed an octave as desired :-), then you would do addStaffs to put
it back again. (Maybe Jeremiah's midi import would handle the whole file
at once?)