Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:56:05 -0500

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:06 +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> ok. then lets get this on the way.
> But the Download location doesn't matter for the link.
> I suggest that all files can be found in the savannah download section
> and we link binaries directly.
>
> Another thing that speaks against hosting downloads on denemo.org (the
> server) is that all traffic will be on Jeremiahs Server. I don't know
> what the payments are, but download traffic on private servers is not a
> good thing.

Agreed. Thanks for that. I was curious what would happen if one day
denemo.org gets linked to slashdot and everyone wants to check out the
latest binary:)

> 1b) Do Packages count as bins or source? Does anybody know how the
> packaging system of major distributions works? How can we get denemo to
> be more uptodate in the packaging-systems?

I tried to submit an ubuntu build to ubuntustudio. They did not want it
saying they only want whats in the debian repositories. I think we will
have to find out who the package maintainers are for each major
distribution and send them and email and let them know (in case they
didn't) that denemo is still alive and on savannah.