Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads

From: N. Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:06:24 +0200

ok. then lets get this on the way.
But the Download location doesn't matter for the link.
I suggest that all files can be found in the savannah download section and we link binaries directly.

Another thing that speaks against hosting downloads on denemo.org (the server) is that all traffic will be on Jeremiahs Server. I don't know what the payments are, but download traffic on private servers is not a good thing.

Let me repeat it all:

1) Binaries for Windows and Mac are linked on denemo.org but hosted on savannah.

1b) Do Packages count as bins or source? Does anybody know how the packaging system of major distributions works? How can we get denemo to be more uptodate in the packaging-systems?

1c) Source Releases, tarballs, are hosted on savannah. (Mainly intersting for linux people) Since there are no plans on real bins for linux this will be avaible as the "main download".

2) git repository stays at it is. I see that the cvs is shut down, well done.