Re: [Denemo-devel] Examples added

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Examples added
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:54:08 -0500

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 09:33 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I've added a couple of examples to git/denemo/examples. I am enjoying
> the git experience so far!

I to am enjoying my git experience. It feels much more unix like.

> One of the examples, SeveralVerses.denemo shows how to print sets of
> parts (with varying clefs, transposition) from a single file.
> The other shows how to write songs by cutting and pasting lyrics as text
> - and how to do multiple verses.

I added the examples to Makefile.am for installtion

> It will be a good idea to adopt a uniform naming convention for the
> examples as they will be easier to read. And the titles should explain
> what they offer - so the one I added called SeveralVerses.denemo is a
> good name, but the other should be re-named (something like
> PrintScoreAndParts.denemo).

git-mv renames files just like mv does. I am not sure if you just git-mv
to rename a file. I renamed it but I don't know if I did it correctly. I
also noticed though that BelleQuiTiensMaVie.denemo
PrintScoreAndParts.denemo are the same file. This needs to be fixed.

Jeremiah