Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:13:31 -0500

does it compile for you?

I installed portaudio19 and completely removed portaudio18 and its -dev.
After running ./autogen I had to run ./configure --disable-xmltest to
get configure to complete. I get these results when compiling:

audiocapture.c: In function ‘pa_main’:
audiocapture.c:146: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or
‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
audiocapture.c:146: error: ‘stream’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
audiocapture.c:146: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
audiocapture.c:146: error: for each function it appears in.)
audiocapture.c:217: warning: passing argument 7 of ‘Pa_OpenStream’ from
incompatible pointer type
audiocapture.c: In function ‘determine_frequency’:
audiocapture.c:342: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
built-in function ‘lround’
make[2]: *** [audiocapture.o] Error 1

I assume I have to do something with Autotools. What commands are needed
for proper linking? Is the header file still have the same name and
location. Are copying over the libportaudio.a to get it to compile?