Re: [Denemo-devel] Menus for accelerator based keybindings and much more

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Menus for accelerator based keybindings and much more.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:43:59 -0600

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 18:31 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > What I propose is that I add Richard to the savannah cvs to allow him to
> > commit rather than posting patches which may be blocked on the mail server
> > waiting for my approval ??
>
> Thank you, I will have to brush up on my CVS though!

I only use a few cvs commands. To upload to cvs do this:

cvs ci -m "write a message here" file1 file2 file3

The ci tells cvs to commit. The -m attaches a message to the change.
file1 file2 are the list of files to be committed.

To add a file to cvs do this:
cvs add file1
Then you have to do
cvs ci -m "write a message here" file1

The only other function I use is:
cvs diff

This gives me a diff to STDOUT of the entire cvs tree.

cvs diff file1
This gives me a diff of that file only.

> More seriously, I would like to see denemo making releases more often, but I
> feel woefully ignorant about what is involved in doing this.

I would also.

> I am willing to
> learn if anyone can enlighten me.

In the past we have agreed on what was going to be done for a release
and once everyone has agreed on the status of the code Adam packages it
up. I don't know if we have permission to do it or not.

> It was a complete surprize to me that there
> was an official windows release - how was it done?

Simone Crestani created it. I am not sure if I should post his email or
not. I don't have any computers running windows so I can't test it. I do
have a powerbook to create an Os X version but my Os X is 10.2 and is to
old. I would have to manually compile and install every dependency. I
suppose now the thing to do for Mac is to create a universal binary
anyway.