ddd

Re: Mind if I update the ddd webpages ... ?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: Mind if I update the ddd webpages ... ?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:34:45 -0400

Peter Wainwright writes:
 > On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 03:46 -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
 > >
 > > Although the current section on the inferior debuggers has links
 > > repeated elsewhere, ideally I'd like to see this expanded. For example
 > > books, articles and videos on each of the debuggers I think would be
 > > appropriate.
 > >
 > > But even better would be to move all of this to a wiki so others can
 > > contribute more easily.
 > >
 > > And most of NEWS except the most recent entries are in a position of
 > > too high prominence/real-estate. For example, are most people going to
 > > care more about when DDD 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 were released before learning
 > > about what DDD is?
 >
 > I agree; the NEWS section has never been purged since Andrew took over.
 > If it is to remain, it would probably be better to put the recent
 > headlines in a sidebar with links.

Unless I hear otherwise, or someone else wants to address, I'll move
the NEWS to a separate HTML page and keep say the last 3 entries,
calling this "Recent News".

 > Earthman, I know little of these "wikis" of which you speak.

No problem. Don't sweat it.

 > We'd have
 > to find another site to host it. AFAIK Savannah still lacks this
 > facility: https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105943

Ok. This is in fact a wiki page for ddd, in fact on *the* wiki. But
that's really not the right place for what what I was thinking of, and
you are right -- we'd have to find place other than savannah.