ddd

Re: Mind if I update the ddd webpages ... ?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: Mind if I update the ddd webpages ... ?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:46:08 -0400

Peter Wainwright writes:
 > On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 22:00 -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
 > > to include links to the debuggers it supports, namely bashdb, remake,
 > > and pydb?
 > >
 > > My take is to add another small section and move the GDB home page
 > > link there as well as find references for other inferior debuggers (e.g.
 > > perhaps http://debugger.perl.org/ for perldb).
 > >

 > Please go ahead.  You know better than I what inferior debuggers are
 > available, I mainly use DDD with gdb.

Done. Some other corrections were made, namely making the page w3c
4.01 compliant, and making some spelling and grammar corrections.

Although the current section on the inferior debuggers has links
repeated elsewhere, ideally I'd like to see this expanded. For example
books, articles and videos on each of the debuggers I think would be
appropriate.

But even better would be to move all of this to a wiki so others can
contribute more easily.

And most of NEWS except the most recent entries are in a position of
too high prominence/real-estate. For example, are most people going to
care more about when DDD 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 were released before learning
about what DDD is?