ddd

Re: How DDD manages to step through pthread_create?

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: How DDD manages to step through pthread_create?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:36:37 +0200

On 10/20/07, Oleg V. Zhylin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All,

  This question relates indirectly to DDD, but it seems DDD has an
answer and I need you help to find it :). Some months ago I've
submitted the post to gdb mailing list

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2007-07/msg00156.html

  to the effect that gdb gets stopped when trying to step over
pthread_create, but DDD doesn't have this problem despite using gdb as
an engine. As a result of gdb post a bug report was created

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=2292

  But still no action on it. Could someone please let me know if and
what I can do that DDD does to overcome this pthread_create issue? DDD
is a great tool, but I sometimes have to debug via SSH on remote servers.

Oleg,

If gdb does not do something when used stand-alone, but does
do it when used under ddd, then the only explanation is that ddd
is sending some command to gdb to change a setting.

To find out what ddd is sending, you can examine ddd's log file
in ~/.ddd/log

Andrew.