ddd

ddd and python

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: ddd and python
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:06:57 -0500

I wrote before earlier:
 > In addition, it looks to me like using DDD as a front end to the
 > current (e.g. version 2.4.2) python debugger pdb.py is a bit
 > broken. Are folks using ddd to debug python?

But I now see I've not been the first to tread in this area. In ddd
there is a pydb directory which is where pretty much what I was
proposing has been done before. A couple observations about that
though.

First, I missed this because there was no effort to *install* pydb.py
and the support programs.

Second, the code looks pretty old (circa 1998 with small modifications
in 2001), supporting python 1.x whereas there are those who considier
anything before python 2.2 ancient and it probably is.

So in sum it looks like what needs to be done is to just update this
for current python releases.