ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.10 on Linux x686

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.10 on Linux x686
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:03:24 +0200

ted creedon wrote:
I've compiled ddd, perhaps the best thing is to look at the LessTif hacks
files?

No.  That stuff is ancient.

Ddd seems to set motif features back to v 1.0. It might be best to bind
motif in now as lesstif is fading away.

I've converted one program from motif v1.x to 2.x and its not too bad once
you figure out what's going on.

Yes.  The main reason I'd like you to give LessTif a spin is to see if the
problem disappears, or remains.  The problem doesn't manifest with Motif 1.2.4;
it seems to be a 2.x problem.  I suspect that we're doing something wrong with
the way that we make a call somewhere.  Certainly, plenty of other Motif apps
seem to have no problem with ISO-8859-1 characters.  I'd love to track this
down and fix it once and for all.  More & more people are writing code with
8-bit characters in the source.

Andrew.

PS: please reply to list, not to me directly.