ddd

Opening application files in DDD 3.3.10

From: Jerry Stahl
Subject: Opening application files in DDD 3.3.10
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:12:49 -0800 (PST)

DDD Team,

I currently have a compiled verion of DDD 3.3.10 on a
PC running Fedora Core 3.  I have an application that
has source files located across adjacent directories,
e.g.,

Project/Component/Sources,
Project/ComponentX/Sources,
Project/ComponentY/Sources.

For simplicity, the project executable is in
Project/Component/bin.

When I load the project executable, the only source
files I see in the File->"Open Source" window are
those under Project/Component/Sources in addition to
some various standard library source files regardless
of where DDD is started.

The questions I have are:

** Is there a way to setup DDD to show all of the
project source files somehow in the sources window ?

** Is it possible to set breakpoints in several
different files at one time in the debugger prior to
running the program executable or after it is loaded
into the debugger ?

Please note that I have tried setting the "Search path
for source files" under GDB settings, but this does
not seem to work or save the new setting. I have also
tried setting the sources path using a .gdbinit file
with no success at all. "$cdir:$cwd" seems to be the
forced default even if this path setting is
over-ridden in the .gdbinit file (not sure if this is
causing a problem).

Any help you can provide on this would be greatly
appreciated.

J.S.