ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.10 on Solaris 5.8: keeps waiting until GDB gets ready, inde

From: Chris van Engelen
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.10 on Solaris 5.8: keeps waiting until GDB gets ready, indefinitely ...
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:18:26 +0100

On 01/06/05 13:03 Chris van Engelen wrote:<br>

I using DDD with the following configuration:

OS: SunOS sun044.aimsys.nl 5.8 Generic_108528-20 sun4u sparc
DDD: 3.3.10 (sparc-sun-solaris8)
GDB: 5.3

I use DDD to debug a fairly large executable:

   -rwxr-xr-x   1 sw       sw       42523191 Jan  6 12:11 mainctrl.exe

After starting ddd with this file, the source window displays the main
function, and when entering any command (even a return in the gdb command
window), DDD hangs with the message: "...: waiting until GDB gets ready).
CPU usage is continuous 100% when this happens.

When I debug the same executable directly with GDB then all works fine:

   gdb ./mainctrl.exe
   GNU gdb 5.3
   This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
   (gdb) list GscOutMsgT::send
   82   //
   83   // Description : A shell around RTsend() to realize message tracing.
   84   //
   85   void
   86   GscOutMsgT::send() const
   87   {
   88   //    GSC_PRINTF(("\n- Sending <%s>(%02xh):"
   89   //                   "\n    Dest address: %s",
   90   //
GSC_convSidValueToStringPtr(txMsgPtr->sy.ossgn.sid),
   91   //                   txMsgPtr->sy.ossgn.sid,
   (gdb) quit

I have seen the message "waiting until GDB gets ready" also in previous DDD
versions,
but this problem that DDD keeps hanging indefinitely with 100% CPU usage is new
to version 3.3.10 of DDD.

Please let me know if you need more info,

After building gdb version 6.3, I can confirm that the same problem exists for
gdb 6.3 ...

--
Chris van Engelen
AimSys bv

(Pls do not include my original message in your reply;
my outgoing mails are saved automatically).