ddd

Re: Problem Editing GDB Settings (Search Path for Source Files)

From: Andrew Shepard
Subject: Re: Problem Editing GDB Settings (Search Path for Source Files)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:14:01 -0700

Found out what I was doing wrong. The mouse cursor has to physically be in the edit box in order to do editting. My mouse was physically rolling and the cursor was moving out of the edit box window. Once that happened I lost the ability to continue to edit.

Andrew Shepard wrote:

Navigate as follows:

Edit->GDB Settings->Search path for source files

I am unable (very frequently) to enter/delete/backspace etc. in this edit box. At times it works, then I enter a few characters and no more are accepted, I can't delete them, backspace etc. If I wait awhile, I can sometimes enter characters again. This seems to be a problem in most of the edit boxes I've tried to use, I'm just using this as a specific example.

Machine Specifics:

Redhat 9, Kernel 2.4.x
gdb version 6.1
ddd version 3.3.8