ddd

Re: Breakpoints not visible.

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: Breakpoints not visible.
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:35:59 GMT

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:24:13AM +0530, Anandabrata Ghsoh wrote:
> >Now neither the break point , neither the cursor arrow is visible ,
> >although the GDB prompt shows that the break point has been put.
>
> >             Could you please tell me as to where the problem could lie.
>
>    Is the code in the .text section? (I find that ddd fails to show the
> cursor, or update the source window, when stepping in e.g. .vectors,
> ..init[0-9], or more-or-less any section other than .text.)
>
> Regards,
> Erik

Erik,

This is an interesting problem that I'd like to sort out.

First: does gdb handle code in other sections any differently?
I suspect that gdb's output may differ slightly from the .text case,
and ddd's parser isn't getting what it expects.

Second: do you have a small test-case that will help us to re-create
this problem?

Andrew.

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
Get an SMS sent to your phone when you receive an email and save time and money.
M-Web members only. http://www.mweb.co.za/mobile .