ddd

Re: source lines don't match up w/ code when singlestepping

From: Christian Monfort
Subject: Re: source lines don't match up w/ code when singlestepping
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:58:03 +0200

Michael Reed wrote:

Hello,
When I single step, the current line pointer in the source window is
always a line or 2 ahead of where it should be (judging by the output
window).  Optimization is turned off in my Makefile CFLAGS, and I've
tried 3 different debugger-flag options (-g, -ggdb, -ggdb3), but none
solve this problem.  Any suggestions? (gcc 3.2, Redhat 8.0, 2.4.18
kernel).

Seems that your binary and source files are out of sync. (eg. you build the binary, then change sources - 2 lines removed maybe? - and then debug without rebuilding... debug information in binary refer to old sources...)
Try to make a fresh compilation of your project/program.

CM.

Thanks,
Mike R.